The online UDS Collector course (course #105) is an interactive web course designed to train individuals to conduct urine drug screen collections under the 49 CFR Part 40 (DOT) regulations. The course includes:
- 49 CFR Part 40 Procedures & Regulations via online self-study module
- 5 online mock tests via webcamCourse topics include qualification requirements for collectors, trainers, and monitors, responsibilities of the collector as the gatekeeper of the process, important definitions, how to complete the Custody and Control Form, steps in the collection process, and a written examination. To participate in online Specimen Collector training, you will need the following materials:
- A computer with a high speed internet connection and an external adjustable webcam
- 9 Custody & Control Forms (CCFs)
- 7 DOT compliant split specimen collection kits
- A pitcher of warm water to simulate urine samples during the mock tests
- Another person to act as a donor (DOT requires that the mock tests be performed on a live subject)
Class is from 1:00pm-5:00pm.
Cancellations and Transfers: Confirmed registrants who cancel during the two-week period prior to the first day of the course are subject to forfeiting the entire fee. Confirmed registrations who transfer to another scheduled class location within 10 days of the start of the course are subject to a service charge.